Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not the day I expected...

Yesterday I had an appointment for my ultrasound to make sure that Payton was still growing well and that there was still enough blood flowing through the umbilical cord. The sonogram was fine Payton looked great as they say, she is showing to weigh 7lbs 7oz. She looks like she has some chubby cheeks and this time she actually had quite a bit of hair. The whole reason of having this sonogram is because of the blood pressure issue that I have had through the pregnancy. Well- they started asking me what my blood pressures have been and I told them and this doctor was not impressed. They checked my blood pressure and it was a bit high. So he calls my doctor and they decide to send me to triage to monitor me for a couple hours and do some lab work. So I think immediately I was kind of freaked out because I thought "am I going to have this baby today??" Which don't get me wrong, I am ready for her and want her here but was hoping she would wait till her daddy gets home. But I know that it is out of my control and what ever is safe and healthy for us is what we will do.

So, I get down to triage they begin to monitor my blood pressures every 15 minutes. Of course they are also monitoring the baby's heart beat as well. The first reading was high, but the nurse says it was because I was lying on my back. So she had me lay on my side the whole time that I was down there and each time they took my blood pressure my mom and I were shocked at how much it had dropped just by me laying there. My blood pressure has never been as low it was in that short amount of time that I was there than it has through my entire pregnancy. Then she took blood to send off and make sure that it was all normal. They were checking my liver enzymes for preclampsia, and it all came back normal. They also checked my urine for protein, which came back normal as well.

Dr. Lombardi came in to see me and he said that he was going to send me home and that he thought I was okay. He said it was good that we are planning to be induced in 3 weeks. We will still plan on that as of now, but know that it could change depending on my blood pressure. I go back on Friday for my regular check up with Dr. Chhutani. Also, I will be having weekly ultrasounds until I have Payton, just to make sure everything is still good.

They told me to try and only lay on my right or left side and avoid lying on my back. Which is something I usually always do, I hardly ever lay directly on my back. If I start to have blurred vision or headaches then I need to call them. And drink lots of water, which I normally do on my own!!

Here is a picture of my chubby cheek baby girl, it's kind of hard to make it out if you aren't familiar with sonogram pictures. :) But you can see her cheeks, her eyes, her nose, her mouth (kind of looks like she is smiling) and she has her hands on her face.

5 comments:

Kelli @ Our Growing Family said...

She doesn't have any more space to grow! Wow! She is cozy in there!

She will be here soon!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Viv said...

She is going to be beautiful!

The Pink in a house of Blue said...

take it easy girl. She will be here before you know it. Just stay in the bed and keep her cookin in that tummy.

Milstead said...

It's getting close! She's a lucky little girl to have you for a mommy! Oh, and Dr. Lombardi...he's my doctor too! I love that guy!!! :) Keep staying rested!

stacie said...

She is smileing in the sonogram because she is so excited to meet her mommy and daddy our sweet little "penelope"