Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Family Vacation

We went on a vacation with my family for a few days to Broken Bow, Oklahoma. We had a wonderful time. We had so much fun we are actually going to make it a yearly thing.  It was a trip where you didn’t feel like you were running around trying to site see and on the go. Which I really liked since we had the kids. It was very relaxing and I really enjoyed the time with the family.

We brought all of our food and cooked there at the house… and all the food was GREAT!! I think we are all in agreement that we ate too much!! :)

We played Joker… a game that my Papaw built. Oh it was so much fun!!!

Just a warning… there are going to be a lot of pictures!!!

DSC_0215

 

Would you believe I didn’t get a picture of the front or back of the house???

This is just the view from the living room to the upstairs and shows the kitchen as well.. I didn’t do a good job on getting pictures of the house!

DSC_0151

  We had a great little set up on the back porch. There was a hot tub and we brought this pool for the girls to get in. They loved BOTH… the “warm pool” as Parker would say.. and the “cool pool”

As soon as we got there on Friday, I went out and set up the pool for the girls. They had been cooped up in the car.. which they did really good by the way.

DSC_0152

DSC_0154

Even Grace got in… But I don’t have pictured of that because I got in with her.. But I know Marla got some…

The girls having a snack at the bar….

DSC_0157 

Payton reading to her cousin, Grace

 

DSC_0163

My granny and Great Aunt Pauline got to come with us too!

DSC_0166

These women even did a bit of sewing…. The boys were off playing golf.

DSC_0169

Swimming in the hot pool with 2 of my favorite girls!!

DSC_0172

DSC_0178 DSC_0179 DSC_0170 DSC_0171

Even made snow cones with a snow cone machine!!

DSC_0182

DSC_0186 DSC_0185

Grace inside eating her yummy baby food

DSC_0190

We put Phil and Terry to work :)

DSC_0191 DSC_0192

DSC_0193 DSC_0194

And we celebrated my mom’s Birthday

DSC_0197 DSC_0198

DSC_0199 DSC_0200

Uncle Phil and baby Grace

DSC_0202

And we rented a boat.. We had to walk down this steep ramp so they gave us this wagon to pull the girls and all of our stuff in.

The sun was in their eyes….

DSC_0204

And these next two crack me up.. Parker acting like she is annoyed… haha

DSC_0205 DSC_0206

DSC_0207

DSC_0212 DSC_0213

Daddy and Payton

DSC_0214

Our family

DSC_0215

DSC_0216 DSC_0217 DSC_0218

Mommy and Payton

DSC_0220

The amazing boat we were on

DSC_0223 DSC_0224

Our family on the boat

DSC_0225

Payton all ready to go

DSC_0226 DSC_0227 DSC_0228

Payton and Parker checking it out

DSC_0231 DSC_0232 DSC_0234

And Grace too

DSC_0237

She’s ready

DSC_0245

And were off

DSC_0251 DSC_0252

DSC_0253 DSC_0254

DSC_0256 DSC_0259

This lake was so nice

DSC_0261 DSC_0262

 DSC_0263 DSC_0264

These girls LOVE their Gramma!!!!

DSC_0266

Payton looking so cool 

DSC_0272

DSC_0273

Parker got to drive the boat

DSC_0276 

DSC_0274 DSC_0275

Phil swimming in the lake

DSC_0283

Phil and Terry

DSC_0285

She wanted in…. well so she thought

DSC_0284

DSC_0286 DSC_0288

So I decided to give her some lunch

DSC_0289

DSC_0290  DSC_0291

Now time for tubing… 

DSC_0293

Even I got on….. :)

DSC_0301

Payton was fading fast….

I think Marla must have been tubing here.. because Parker was really concerned about her mom

DSC_0307 DSC_0308

Phil got to drive the boat while Terry was tubing

DSC_0306 

We had SUCH a great time on the boat!! I loved it!!

Back at home.. Resting a bit

DSC_0313

Payton also got her toe nails painted for the first time..

They weren’t the neatest.. She wanted to do it herself of course.. and wouldn’t sit still

DSC_0315 DSC_0317

Our trip was awesome!! Our first family vacation!! Can’t wait to do it again!

3 comments:

Jodie said...

The pictures were great. It looks like you all had a great time on your vacation!

Megan said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous time!!! Love the house too!!

Kelli @ Our Growing Family said...

What a great family vacation!!