Monday, December 21, 2009

Crib Recall



I am sure you have all heard on the news recently about the 2.1 million baby cribs recalled. Well- lucky me, ours is one of them. We got our crib from an officer that I used to work with at the police department. She gave me a really good deal. We only paid $100.00 for the crib and the dresser. (and then we purchased the changing table to match) Anyways, it was like brand new, her little boy hardly slept in it. So at the time I was thinking, we for sure will get our moneys worth out of this. Even if we spent $500 on a crib, we would get our moneys worth for as long as she would sleep in it, much less use it for our next baby. Well now I am glad that we only paid $100 for it, basically $50 for each piece. Since we didn't pay much for the crib, then I would have to say we still got our moneys worth since she has slept in it for over 7 months now.

I really didn't know what to do. I didn't know what crib to get. I knew that we didn't have an extra 3 to 5 hundred bucks laying around to go buy a crib. (I mean of course I would if I had to). But it really worked out for us. My mom had bought a new crib just before we moved out from their house. Well all they had at the time was Cherry finish. So she settled for it, even though she is doing her baby room for the kids in Black finish. So since we need a Cherry finish we got the one from her house, and now she gets to go get the crib she wanted to begin with.



It doesn't really match the design of Payton's furniture. But as long as she is safe that is all that matters!!!





1 comment:

Kelli @ Our Growing Family said...

Both boys cribs had a drop side too. It didn't really matter to us since Garrett's is already converted to a toddler bed, but my sister had to buy a new crib since she was going to us Jackson's.