Monday, July 1, 2013

1st Trimester

As my first trimester is almost coming to an end, I wanted to note a few things about all of these weeks that I don't want to forget.

 - I started feeling nauseous at around 6 weeks I believe it was. I tried eating every couple of hours to avoid feeling this way. I got the most nauseated at around 7-8 pm each night. I felt the need to throw up many times, yet have managed to only do so a handful of times. And most times I just go and gag a few times and then lay down and that helps me feel better. If I over did it, or we had a really long day... that is when I felt sick and felt the worst.

- I still enjoy all the same foods. I wouldn't really say I have any special cravings. I love food. :) - I have been very tired. I usually need to "rest" my eyes at some point through the day. Usually after lunch sometime. Payton sometimes let's me, other times not so much. And right after putting Payton to bed I go straight to our bed and lay down. I watch TV and usually try to stay awake until past the news.

 - I sleep with 3 pillows. It stopped being comfortable to sleep on my tummy a few weeks back. I think it was at about 9 weeks to be exact. I usually have one on each side of me and then one under my head. I try to sleep on my side but then I end up on my back. ( I know Phil loves all the pillows in our bed :) HA)

 - Mood swings - I will admit I have had a few of these. I can tell on some days it is way worse than others. I try to warn Phil. But, sometimes it just happens before I can :)


 - I have gained about 5 pounds thus far. I am showing much quicker this go round than I did with Payton. I may gain more this time even though my Dr. doesn't want me too. I had not gained 5lbs when I was this far with Payton. I have been slacking a little bit on my treadmill. But, got back on today. I have to motivate myself. I'm assuming I will get a little more energy over the next week or two. I can already tell that I am.

 - I feel extremely blessed to be pregnant. I know I have said it before but I will say it a million times, TRULY SO BLESSED. I thank God every day for allowing me to be Payton's mommy and for letting me carrying this little miracle and one day be a mommy to him or her.

Here is a picture of me last week at 12 weeks. Not the greatest , but hey that's ok!!


4 comments:

Marla said...

Looking good!!! Cant believe your second trimester is here!

Anonymous said...

You look great, Kristin! :)
You have a cute little bump going on!


Nina Cox

Aubrey said...

LOVE the baby bump! and love Paytons new glasses :) Miss all of you!

Viv said...

You look wonderful!