Monday, June 28, 2010

Payton- 14 months

Today our little girl is 14 months old!!! I tear up just when I type that! She is growing too fast!!

 

What is our little lady up too? Oh so much……….

She is walking everywhere!! Crawling really isn’t much of an option anymore.

Talking so much. She says “Mommy” all the time. Oh it melts my heart every time I hear her say it.

She loves her Daddy. She says “DaDaDa” when he walks in the room.

She says lots of things that sound like “something” and we like to think that is really what she is saying.. maybe she isn’t but she is very smart! :)

When Payton cries… her cry is SO sad. Sometimes it makes me laugh because most of the time there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with her. But she got her feelings hurt in some way.

She LOVES her baby. She pretty much takes her everywhere she goes. She sleeps with her too.

Her favorite foods……….

    • Cheese
    • Pizza
    • Chicken nuggets with ketchup
    • French fries
    • Red/green grapes
    • Yo baby yogurt (vanilla/banana)
    • Bananas
    • Mandarin oranges
    • Gerber yogurt melts (loves these)
    • Strawberries
    • Waffles/Pancakes
    • Ham

Her favorite things to do these days……

    • Play with her cousin Parker. These girls crack me up. They have so much fun together.
    • Go to the pool.
    • Push her stroller around the house with her baby in it.
    • She enjoys bath time.

Things she doesn’t like these days…..

    • Doesn’t like to be in the car for long periods of times.
    • Doesn’t like milk in a sippy cup.
    • Doesn’t like the vacuum cleaner

Throws a fit when……

    • You are trying to put her in her car seat (Not always… but a lot of the time)
    • Anytime you are doing something she doesn’t want you to do… hmmm which happens often :)
    • When you change her diaper.
    • When you put her night clothes on her. She knows it is bedtime.
    • When she is VERY tired.

How is her sleeping???

    • She goes to bed at about 7 p.m.
    • Wakes up anywhere from 6-7:30 a.m.
    • Takes anywhere from an hour to three hour nap.
    • When I put her down for bedtime she takes a bottle and then I lay her in her bed awake.
    • Naptime- no bottle. I lay her down and she has been going to sleep. Sometimes we are out and about and she falls asleep in the car, if this happens then I go put her in her crib and she stays asleep.

Bottles……………….

    • Yes she is still on the bottle. I guess I can say I have “tried” to take it away… but really I haven’t. She usually only has 2 a day… sometimes 3. I will be working on this soon!! I hope!! She will not take milk in a sippy cup. She just throws it. She will only drink water (by the way she LOVES water) out of her cup!! Any advice on getting rid of the bottle?? I was hoping to have it gone before her 15 month appointment. But doesn’t look like that will happen!!

Payton Ann you are little Miss Independent. I wonder who you get this from?? :) You love to walk around and follow us everywhere we go. You love to go stand at the fridge and say”uhh uhh” so that I will open it and let you pick what you want! You love to feed yourself, very rarely can we feed you anything. I love you so much and I can’t believe you are growing up so fast. You do something new each day, or so it seems!! You bring so much joy and laughter to all of our lives!

On Saturday I went and attempted to take pictures outside at the park. But, Payton had different plans.  :)  (Sorry the pics are a little blurry, I didn’t realize my lens was so dirty)

She isn’t too sure of walking on concrete yet. She doesn’t like to wear shoes, so that is part of the problem. This may have been what starter her to be upset & not want to take pics.

DSC_0723 

DSC_0726

DSC_0724

DSC_0729

I gave up after the one above. It was way too hot to try any longer!!!

Happy 14 months Payton!!!

2 comments:

Kelli @ Our Growing Family said...

It's so different seeing her walking! Like a whole new little girl! So cute!

Viv said...

Bless her little bones! I still don't like shoes too much! Time is flying by so fast!