Thursday, December 9, 2010

My sick baby





Payton has been snotty/congested since before Thanksgiving. And actually on Thanksgiving she didn't eat a single thing. Then, that next day (Black Friday) she ran a low grade fever. She was not herself for several days. But, she then went back to her normal self (with a runny nose and a mild cough). So we have just gone on about our business as anyone would do.

Then yesterday, she woke up from her nap BURNING UP!!!! I mean she was on fire, and I say that because this is really only the 3rd time she has ran fever and this is the highest it has been. So, I call the doctor. They tell me to just give it 24 hours and if I can't keep the fever down then bring her in. Fever went down before bed (she had taken Ibuprofen). Then woke up at 5 in the morning still running fever. So I took her in. Long story short, HA too late for that, huh? We went to the doctor and they seem to think she is in the beginning stages of pneumonia. Which is a pretty scary thing for any parent to hear. She was put on antibiotics and we will take it from there. As her mother, I feel like she is OK, she has been much more whiny of course. Still running a low grade fever as of right now.

She does NOT like her medicine. I didn't think she would mind it because she doesn't mind the Ibuprofen. So it is quite a challenge to get her to take it.

I hope and pray she gets better soon. I am hoping after a day or two of the antibiotics she will start feeling better!!


3 comments:

Megan said...

Poor baby doll! Makes me so sad for her! Tell that girl to get better soon! She's got a party to attend!

Jodie said...

Poor thing. It's so hard to watch your child be sick. I hope she feels better soon!

Viv said...

Bless her little bones and ya'll's too, know how tough that is. Hope she is better really soon. God Love her.