Last night Payton’s fever got up to 103.8 which is very HOT!! It was quiet scary for me. Luckily my sister was here with me and helped me know what to do. First, we put cold rags on her, and of course she screamed (I mean who would like that? Sick or not?). Still wasn’t going down, so Marla suggested that we put her in the cold bath. I looked at her like… I can’t do that.. and I think I even said “She will SCREAM” and she told me “It was for her own good” and I know that it was. She then offered to do it for me, and I didn’t hesitate and said OK. So after the cold bath it seemed that her fever started to go down. She finally started to perk up some and be “normal”. So off to bed she went. I set my alarm to wake up and give her more Ibuprofen and she was not running fever when I checked on her through the night. She slept in till about 9:45 a.m. When I got her then, she was running 100.9 which isn’t too bad, but she has been on antibiotics for 3 full days so she should not be running fever.
Long story short…. I got her in to see the Nurse Practitioner. I really like her.
Looked at her ears… and she has bad ear infections in both ears. POOR BABY!!!!
She checked her lungs and they were rattling. So while we were there she gave her a breathing treatment. Payton was a CHAMP!! My mom met us at the Dr. Thank goodness she did, I really think it helped Payton to stay more calm. You know how kids always try to pull more stuff with mommy?? (i.e. Like when you try to give them their medicine and they throw a fit and give you a hard time? But, when someone else gives it to them they sit quietly and let them do it?)
She also sent home an inhaler with us. I am going to use this on her for the next 3 days. And she wrote a prescription for a different antibiotic, so let’s pray this HELPS! I am SO ready for my baby to not be sick ANYMORE!! And I hate that I have to constantly give her medicine! She is tired of it too!!
After getting home from the doctors office, I drove through Wendy’s and got her some nuggets and she actually ate 3 of them!! This is the first time she has eaten in a couple of days. We went and got her new medicine and came home and she was in the mood to play.
I got lots of smiles out of her. Once all the medicine kicks in she becomes herself… but that fades after a couple of hours. When I put her to bed tonight she was running more fever. UGH!!!
Here are some pictures of when she was happy earlier today!
Coloring on her Easel. Which by the way, when I am not watching (I know I should pay attention, but it keeps her busy and I can get a couple of things done, I feel like my house is a wreck and I haven’t gotten much done the past few days) I guess she goes and colors on random thing. She colored on her new baby that she got for Christmas and also her new Hello Kitty bag that she got for Christmas too!
Makes me look like a liar… that she is really and truly sick…
I was trying to make her laugh, and well I succeeded!



3 comments:
Bless her heart! Even though she is smiling, I can tell in her eyes she just doesn't feel great. Poor baby!
Poor baby is right! I am praying she is better, she has really been through it these last few weeks....
My prayers are with your baby girl. Love s a gift from God, cherish the moment.
visit: marriagewithgod.blogspot.com
Post a Comment