Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Trip to Mcdonald’s

Yesterday I had a few errands to run in Rowlett/Garland. Well it got to be lunch time and Payton started to get fussy so I figured why not stop and let her eat at Mcdonald’s for the very first time!!
This is how it went……….
  • Walk in – I always try to keep my eye out for the highchair especially when I am by myself because I am carrying a 25lb + baby, her bag, her highchair cover. I don’t see one.
  • Then, I walk up and order. I ask the man “where are the highchairs?” He replies… “Oh they are in the play land.” I am thinking “the play land” I guess I don’t remember this from when I was a child. And I clearly never go IN a Mcdonald’s .
  • They give me my tray. Which my drink is not filled up, I am thinking to myself.. how am I going to carry all of this plus fill my drink cup?? (Those of you who know me… know I am sweating and stressing at this point).
  • Then- a Mcdonald’s employee asks me “Do I need help” I reply with “YES please!!!”
  • So she helps me to the “play land” area (which mind you is in a different room from where you get your drink, ketchup, etc.) She gets me a highchair. SO yes this lady has helped me tremendously.
  • I am not going to leave my 1 yr old sitting alone in the “play land” room while I go get my drink and ketchup. (which I thought they would have packets… boy was I wrong) Would Payton have been fine sitting in there alone?? Probably,  but I wasn’t going to take any chances.
  • So I get Payton back out of the highchair; Leave our food unattended. Go get my drink, looking for the ketchup packets…. Nowhere to be found. Then, I see that there is a pump and you have to fill the small little cups with ketchup. Let me just tell you- this is very hard to do while holding your child and your drink. There was nowhere to put down my drink. The counter was like bars- so it was holey.
  • Next, here comes a lady with a name tag on which I can’t see what it says. She walks up and introduces herself as so-n-so with Avon… “here let me help you” As appreciative as I was for her to help me… I knew she must have wanted something. She gets me the ketchup and brings it to our table.
  • Then, I am trying to get Payton her food and ketchup situated…. and this lady wants to try and sell me Avon. Get my name and phone number. Normally I would say no thank you… but this sweet lady has just helped me so what am I supposed to do???
  • So after all of that… we enjoy our lunch.
  • Payton LOVES watching all the kids play and run around. She kept screaming right along with all the kids in there.
  • The whole time we were eating I was debating on whether I would let her play.
    • #1 it is really dirty in there
    • #2 there isn’t much for her to do
    • #3 they were bigger kids than her and I didn’t want her to get hurt
  • But, I decided “Hey, why not. Maybe she will just run around and burn some energy”
  • Well- she wanted to do everything all the kids were doing. And she would climb up to the entrance area to play.. but that is about as far as she went. And yes, kids were shoving her down and it was really ticking me off.
  • But, she had a GREAT time. And actually through the HUGEST fit ever when we left!!! She was making it very hard for me to carry her out to the car….. AND VERY hard to place her in her car seat!!!!
I snapped some pictures with my phone. I didn’t have my camera with me because none of this was planned. I am glad we went. A great experience and a great story to tell Payton one day!!!

Mcdonalds #1Mcdonalds #2
Mcdonalds #4 Mcdonalds #3
Mcdonalds #5 Mcdonalds #6
Mcdonalds #9
Mcdonalds #7
Mcdonalds #10

4 comments:

Kelli @ Our Growing Family said...

Ha! Thanks for sharing your story and making me smile! It is funny to me because everything you said are things that annoy me. I know which places I can take the boys when I am alone and which places I can only do with another adult. Many places have been crossed off of my list based off of me having to get back up to get my drink, location of high chairs, etc. That's why I love Chick-fil-a....they have the rolling high chairs right by the door!
The worse is when I finally have them situated and Jackson says he has to go potty!

Marla said...

Glad she had a good time. It's things like this that makes me look at Payton more like a 'big girl' rather than a baby!

Megan said...

LOL!!!! I would have been sweating bullets too! Can you imagine the husbands's in this situation? Ha! Ha!

Megan said...

Oops! Husband's! :-)